Saturday, November 9, 2013

Back on the pavement

My stress fracture is healed and I'm starting the slow process of ramping up.  Unfortunately, I've been given tight restrictions on my mileage increase of only 10% per week.  Luckily, my cross training in the pool and on the bike has paid off!  My first week of running post-fracture yielded the following.  I could only go 2 miles by Dr's orders, but it was the fastest 2 miles I've run post-partum.  Oh yeah!

I've been swimming 2-3x's each week and am reaping benefits.  I started out only being able to swim about 25 meters before having to break to catch my breath.  Almost a month later I'm up to about 100 meters before breaking.  I have my eye on a sprint triathlon in late spring that has a 400-ish meter swim component.  Hopefully I'll be up to it by then.

I had a swim cap laying on kitchen counter and a certain 3 year old wanted to try it on.  Pretty intense.  Maybe we have a future Michael Phelps in our house.

I've also been biking quite a bit.  I go to cycle class only once a week but get out on the trails for rides as often as I can.  I pull the bike trailer with Isaac which adds a degree of difficulty.  We had some beautiful scenery on our ride this week.  I heart Fall.


No comments: