We have done nothing to prepare for this child. I'm pretty sure by this point with Isaac his room was about done. When I say nothing, I mean nooooooothing... well actually, not nothing. I bought a bottle brush at Target recently because they were on sale. That counts, right?
After Isaac got his new furniture, we moved his old stuff into the room that will be New Baby's room. It's a tiny little room that is currently a light blue color and shows it's age with dirty-looking walls and plenty of small holes all over from where previous owners had hung pictures. It also had some pretty awesome dusty lace curtains that I threw away.
So, like most things with our old house when we moved in, it needs some work.
My Dad is coming to visit over Easter and he is going to help us rewire the ceiling fixture so the fan actually works properly (right now you have to pull chains to turn it on since it's not wired to a wall switch). This requires some drywall work around the light switch so I don't really want to paint until this is done.
Once this is done, we need to:
- Patch all the holes
- Paint the walls gray
- Paint the inside of the scuffed up closet
- Pick out and hang blinds
- Hang a curtain rod
All while starting my 3rd trimester. Hmmmm, going to be interesting!
The rest will be done after New Baby is born (and I envision some of this being done on the iPad at the hospital!):
- Buying bedding
- Wall decor (I've already got things picked out in my mind for each gender so will just need to buy)
- Buying/hanging curtains (or sewing some if I don't find any that I really like)
Here are a few pictures of the teeny room that will be for New Baby. Good thing he/she will barely be a toddler when we leave this house so they won't really realize they have no room for toys!
New Baby does have a pretty awesome view!



No comments:
Post a Comment