Around the time Isaac turned 2, we got a small training potty to start getting him adjusted to the idea of a toilet. I reeeeeeally didn't want to use a training toilet but he was scared of the big potty at first.
He thought it was so fun to sit on the potty and after just a few days actually started going potty! So we started having him sit on it when he woke up and before he went to bed. Progressively, he started going more and more (and of course the incentive of a sticker and Mommy / Daddy doing a silly potty dance made it all the better!).
Then after New Years he really started doing well. He started telling us on occasion he needed to go. So in mid-January we had a weekend with nothing going on and decided to give potty training a try!
He did GREAT with only having 2 accidents all weekend! His preschool was great and helped during the week. By just Tuesday, I was putting him in big boy undies for school and he even gave up the training toilet and was using the big potty!
DISCLAIMER: If you don't have kids... the next part may gross you out (sorry).
So we had worked out the potty, but not the *other* part (#2's). He typically would go while he was sleeping during naptime or during the night so we were keeping him in pullups only while he slept. After about a month, I have no idea what changed but he started telling us he had to go poopoo and one day just went on the toilet and hasn't had a #2 accident since!
After 6 weeks I am amazed at how easily this came for him given he was only 2 yrs/4 mo when we started and he's a boy! We were in no hurry to potty train but we'll take it! I still keep him in pullups overnight but I can't remember the last time he woke up wet so I can probably give that up too (but I keep thinking the first time I don't use the pullups he will have a major accident and oh, that will be a mess). Maybe one day I will be brave! :)
Here are few cute pics of our little guy in his big boy undies. I think he's just adorable in them. :)
Here are few cute pics of our little guy in his big boy undies. I think he's just adorable in them. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment