Saturday, March 2, 2013

Big Boy Bed

About 6 weeks ago, Isaac had 2 big milestones... converting to a big boy bed and potty training!

We were planning to move Isaac to a big boy bed sometime in the spring, but in early January PBKids had a big furniture sale so we went ahead and got his stuff.  It was back ordered a couple weeks but finally showed up mid-January.

We were planning to leave the crib setup in his room along with his big boy bed until he got comfortable with the idea of sleeping in a bed but that was not needed!  He was so excited and after the delivery folks left after setting up the furniture he climbed right on and "pretended" to sleep (even making pretend snoring sounds!).

So Bryce and I looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders... well, I guess he's ready!  That night he was so excited about his bed and slept great!

We haven't had much trouble with him getting out bed.  At first he would get out just because I think he realized he could! Bryce and I would just watch him on the monitor go look at books and walk around then after ~10 min he would just get back in bed (thankfully!).  Now he usually doesn't get out.  In the mornings he would get out at first but I think the newness wore off as well and he usually just wakes up and lays in bed relaxing until we go get him. 

Here are a few pictures of our sweet boy's room.  I feel bad that I have done zero redecorating since we got his new furniture.  His old baby wall decor is still up and eventually I will need to do something different but I'll probably just wait until I'm on leave of absence when I have more time to think about it.



No comments: