Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Family Room Makeover

Off the kitchen/breakfast area is the family room.  Our VA is quite a bit bigger than our house in TX so we have several empty rooms (this being one of them).  I'm totally fine with having empty rooms but we have been using the family room so much (Isaac plays while we are cooking) that I really wanted to get some furniture to make it more comfortable.

As with the rest of the house, the walls needed painted since they were dented and scuffed.  We also needed a TV in this room so Isaac can play and have cartoons on while we are busy in the kitchen.

Here is a before picture from our walk-through in February:

Here is an after picture once we've painted, purchased furniture, hung a TV on the fireplace, etc...

BTW,  we bought our furniture at Belfort Furniture.  If you live in VA and looking for a good place, I would highly recommend them!  The employees are all designers and helped me lay out the room.


Gasp!!!  Are those?....???  No, they couldn't be.... yes, they are!!  Pictures on the wall!!!!  :)

I still need curtains and am thinking about this fabric but can't make up my mind.

I am also torn about rugs.  The entire house (except for the basement) is wood floors.  I want to buy rugs but with dogs and a toddler and knowing we will move in ~2 years I'm not sure what to do.  We shall see.




1 comment:

Carissa said...

Looks so good!! :)