It's been a busy couple of weeks but this is finally a slow weekend so I can catchup!
On January 15th I ran my second full marathon! I finished in 4:18 which was quite a bit slower than I was hoping but it was still fun and I love the medal!
The night before the race I could sleept (as usual!). I was excited/nervous and fell asleep somewhere around 3am... which made the 5am alarm a little rough.
Despite my 2 hours of sleep, the race started well and at the half marathon point my time was exactly 2:00 so I was on pace to meet my 4:05 goal!
Things started to deteriorate pretty quickly around mile 18. I'm not sure what happened because I had some really strong training runs anywhere from 18-21 miles and didn't tire out at all... maybe that was the lack of sleep kicking in. Who knows...
Anyways, at mile 18 I was not in good shape and ended up doing a run/walk until about mile 21.5. Bryce finished the half marathon then drove out to Memorial Dr to catch me during the last 6 miles. Man, was I glad to see him! I was in tears, explicit language was coming out of my mouth and I just wanted to quit. I had trained SO HARD for 6 months and blew it.
As usual, Bryce was so great and walked with me for a couple minutes. He pumped me up and got me motivated again. He helped me stretch for a minute then I took off running again and ran the rest of the way!
I really thought I would finish slower than my previous time but I ended up setting a new PR by 3 min!
I still get disappointed some times but then I pause and remember... um, I RAN A MARATHON! TWICE!!
Why its addicting I don't know because it's so painful at times, but I just can't stop! :)
I haven't figured out how to "print screen" on the iMac so the pictures they took during the race will just have to wait! But here are a few from our phones.
Isaac and I at the Marathon Expo on Saturday
My bib
Walking through GRB after the race:
Not a great picture... but at least I'm smiling after running 26.2!
My bling! :)
What I did the rest of the day
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
5 weeks ago








1 comment:
Way to go! So proud of you and you did amazing!
Fyi...to print screen on a Mac, press Command, Shift, 4 and then a little target thing pops up and you can select what you want to print screen...it doesn't do the whole screen so you can just crop the picture etc.
Post a Comment