Over Memorial Day, we happened to look at plane tickets to Omaha. They were only $230 / ea (compared to ~$400 normal) so we booked a trip over July 4th! The fun thing is that we didn't tell anyone. :)
The day we flew to Omaha was Bryce's birthday. Bryce HATES flying... he prefers to drive. I hate driving... so luckily I usually "win" and we get to fly. :) The night before our flight, I was checking in for our flight and there was an option to upgrade to Business First for a pretty low price. I surprised Bryce and upgraded for his birthday. Let me tell... so WORTH IT flying with a 9 month old! If I ever have the option to upgrade for that price again, I'll do it! The extra room was so nice. We were able to spread a blanket out on the floor and let Isaac play while we drank wine.
My cousin, Nick, was getting married on July 2nd (the day we flew in) so we were able to surprise my side of the family, including extended family. We rarely get to see extended family and it was fun to be there at my cousin's wedding!
Bryce's parents were also very surprised and they got to babysit Isaac during the wedding. Isaac loved the 1:1 time with his grandparents.
We spent the 5 day trip just relaxing with our families. Here are a few pictures from the trip!
On the 4th of July!
Grandma Jakub and her 2 grandsons.
Grant (3) and Isaac (9 mo) - Grant was not loving the camera. :)
Jakub kids
A few iPhone pics...
Bday boy enjoying his Business First wine and snack. :)
Us at Nick and Sarah's wedding
Aunt Ali reading to Isaac. The chair he is sitting in was my dad's when he was little (reupholstered).
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
5 weeks ago



No comments:
Post a Comment