Friday, January 21, 2011

Maya Wrap

I had registered for a random baby sling at Target. My cousin who has a ~1 year old daughter saw it on my registry when she went to purchase a gift for my shower.

Instead of buying the sling on my registry, the day after my shower in Nebraska she took me to a store called Milkworks (also a lactation assistance place) so I could pick out something different. From her experience, she didn't like the one on my registry. Milkworks had a variety of baby slings that you can't really find at the typical Target or Babies R Us. They had dolls that are typical weights of newborns, 3M, 6M, etc... so you can try out the products.

I tried several and settled on a sling called the "Maya Wrap". It is fantastic. (you can read more about it here). Bryce uses the Baby Bjorn since it's a little more "manly" but I prefer this.

During the first month, I carried him tucked away against my chest, but now that he's able to hold his head up he prefers to look around at the world. Just this week we visited the bookstore, Home Depot and the grocery with him looking around.

If you have never owned a baby carrier/wrap I would highly suggest checking out the "baby boutique" places to try different products. I'm so glad my cousin was so thoughtful to do this!

A few pictures of my wrap and cute babe. Please excuse me in my PJ's. :)


1 comment:

The Acord Family said...

I agree on the non Target etc slings. I had one that I just got from either Target and BRU and hated it with Peyton. When I went up to Canada one summer I found a more boutique one by Ollie Golightly and even at 9 months and heavy it was amazing! I used it so much until she could walk. I am looking forward to using it from the beginning with Graham.

P.S. Isaac looks adorable in those pictures!