Friday, January 21, 2011

Baby Food

I can't believe in just a few weeks Isaac will be ready to try solid food. Crazy!

A few friends have made their own baby food using this book as guidance. I never really thought I would try it due to the time commitment. Lately I've been talking about it with these friends and it sounds like it's not a big deal. (One friend was able to make a month of carrots, zucchini and sweet potatoes in just 1 hour). You freeze the food in ice cube trays and pop them out for freezer storage in a baggie. They last for 6 weeks.

I can't promise it will continue when I go back to work, but I might just give it a try. I have the time now and it might be a fun project that will also be providing healthy, organic food for Isaac (assuming I buy organic veggies).

We'll see....

2 comments:

Mandy said...

you can get many books at the library for this, and after you look at a few you'll realize that you don't need one.
1. Stick food in food processor.
2. Add liquid.
3. Puree.
4. Freeze.
It really couldn't be easier. I used to just use our dinner leftovers.

Margie said...

We didn't do this with John and it is on my list of things to tackle with the next baby. We had a huge struggle to transition from baby food to people food and I think if I could have controlled the texture it would have helped. The jump from smooth number two foods to chunky number three foods to food that required chewing did NOT go well for us.