The same goes for baking. Never really enjoyed it. Last week I bought a couple of baking books for fun... mostly to give me something to do. I made my first cake and it was DELICIOUS! I think my new hobby may require me to train for a full marathon just to stay in shape!
I bought the book "Sky High". It is entirely 3 tier cakes anywhere from chocolate to fruit. For my first cake, I made "Sour cream-chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting and chocolate-peanut butter glaze".
Chocolate. Peanut butter. Heaven.
After I took a picture, we cut it in half and froze half of it. I don't think could have eaten it all before it went bad.... hold on.... rephrase.... I don't think we SHOULD have eaten it all before it went bad (we definitely could).
It called for three 8" pans and I only had three 9" pans so my cake turned out looking like a tall pancake. Actually now that I write this, I don't think it looked anything like the picture. Ha! I am still proud of my efforts considering my lack of baking ability.
My next cake is going to be a "Buttermilk sponge cake with cranberry-raspberry preserves and white chocolate frosting". Also sounds ridiculous, huh?



No comments:
Post a Comment