Saturday, February 13, 2010

Houston, we have a positive!

I had been charting and knew I was late... but had taken tests for 5 days in a row and gotten negatives. What was the deal?

I got home from work on Thursday, February 11th and was going to go for run. I was in the bathroom changing the following conversation takes place.


K: Should I take another pregnancy test?

B: No, they are expensive and they've all been negative.

K: [no comment]


K: Who cares, it's like $10, I'm going to take one.

B: Fine, whatever.

K: [pees on stick and waits 3 min]


K: [sigh] it's negative.....

K: [walks into better light] ... [gasp] I think I see something!

B: Let me see that...

K: Do you see it?

B: [no answer]

K: You DO! DON'T YOU?? Holy crap!

B: [laugh] I think I do...

K: Give me the instructions!! [reads instructions]

K: It says test during "1st morning urine"... I didn't do that. It also says don't drink excessive amount of water before testing... I drink tons of water all the time!

B: What do we do?

K: I guess we test again in the morning....


And the result was the following... I'm a results-oriented girl most of the time... so I had to ensure I had consistent results across multiple tests, multiple brands and multiple methods. :)




No comments: