- By our estimates at home, she weighs about 17 lbs and is around 26.5-27" in length.
- She has the most easy going temperament! I never thought Isaac was difficult, but compared to Hayden he was much more high maintenance.
- Our sleeping issues resolved this month and she is back to sleeping soundly for about 12 hours. Hallelujah.
- She take a two-hour nap in the morning and in the afternoon. When she wakes up from her afternoon nap around 3pm, she stays awake until bedtime at 7pm.
- She started "school" (daycare) this month and has done very well. Napping is so-so at school, but better than Isaac at this age.
- I started weaning at Christmas and had my last nursing session the week I returned to work. I had a little leaking for a couple weeks but am now completely done. Hayden has done better than expected with the transition to bottles and I have enough stored milk to last about 3 months when mixed 50/50 with formula.
- She takes a bottle four times a day and has solids 3 times a day.
- She is doing well with solids but seems to be pickier than Isaac was at this age. She struggles with anything that has texture but just as we did with Isaac, we are sticking to our parenting philosophy of "you eat what is on the table or not at all". We haven't invoked it completely with Hayden since she is still so little, but are moving in that direction. Last night we all had chili (Hayden's was pureed of course) and she did pretty well.
- No teeth yet, but I can feel bumps on her lower gums so they are not far off.
- She is completely stable at sitting these days and we no longer use pillows for support. She even sits up in the bathtub now without the infant tub.
- She is starting to army crawl! If I put toys 12-18" away from her on the floor she will slowly pull herself towards them. If she is sitting up, she lunges forward onto her belly to get them. I see baby gates returning before long...
- She had a cold virus this month but thankfully it didn't last long or turn into an ear infection.
Mommy Updates:
- It's been weeks since I weighed myself but I believe I've lost more weight since returning to work.
- I'm up to 7 mile long runs and have a race picked out for the Spring. I'm also going to sign up for the Marine Corps Marathon that is in October. I doubt I'll train hard enough to PR, but would like to complete this race before we move.
- Since I no longer pump at night, I am finally getting 7-8 hours of continuous sleep and it is glorious.
- I finally started my new assignment this week. Still in the "I have no idea what I'm doing and hope no one notices" stage. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment