Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Night(s) out on the town!

The past 2 Saturday nights we had work Christmas parties.  We needed some adult time so we forked out about $200 across the two nights for a babysitter to watch the kiddos.  Not a bad gig when 80% of the time is while they are both sleeping, right?

I don't have any pictures from Bryce's party, unfortunately.  It was at the Capital Grill in Bethesda.  His office is fairly small, so it was a nice, intimate dinner in a party room at the restaurant.  We wined and dined for about 4 hours on incredible food and drinks.  I rarely eat red meat but splurged on the steak they are known for.  Yummo!  Just what we needed.

The next Saturday was my Christmas party.  It is held at the same hotel every year (Mayflower Renaissance Hotel in downtown, DC).  It's a large event (hundreds of people) and I'm fairly certain all the grand ballrooms are in use (different rooms for food, dancing, casino night).  We wined and dined again with great friends.  I'm not much of a poker player so didn't fair well in the casino room, but we still had a good time.

A couple pictures from the night:
I think this is the only picture we have of the two of us.  We forgot to pickup our photo from the photo-booth and we are pretty sure the woman that took this one had never used an iphone before.  Oh well...
Our group of Houston friends that are now all in VA.
The BEST part about my company Xmas party... the parting gift!  Inside was 2 crystal red wine glasses.  We've already put them to use... twice!  (I stole this pic from a friend's FB... it was much better than mine!)

No comments: