Saturday, October 5, 2013

The Irony in Relief

For the past 2 months we have been battling the bottle with Hayden.  Isaac always took a bottle without a problem, regardless of the length of time between trying one.

I have tried multiple bottles and the most successful bottle so far had been the Medela bottles that come with the breastpump.  They still took her about 30 minutes to finish only 3-3.5 oz and would constantly need to be burped and rest.

I ran to Buybuybaby earlier this week to pickup a few things and decided to buy another bottle to try.  To date, we had tried Avent, Avent Natural and Medela so I tried a Dr. Browns.  I had not tried them previously because I didn't want to deal with their complicated and difficult-to-clean parts, but I am desperate and thought we might as well try.

When we tried the bottle later, she drank just a touch under 4 oz in about 10 min!  Oh the irony... the bottle I can't stand is the bottle she loves.  Too bad I have over $100 of Avent bottles at home that will not be used but I will take this over no bottle at all.


No comments: