I signed him up for soccer on Wednesday mornings. A friend of mine (I work with her husband), who has a son just a few months younger than Isaac, also signed up their son, Emmett. It's been fun watching the kids at soccer practice while also getting to spend time with a friend whom I normally don't see often.
The first practice did not go well. I think Isaac was overwhelmed with so many new experiences. He didn't want to leave my side (which is very unlike him) and didn't participate much.
The second practice was so much better! He was "Coach Tom's" little shadow and followed all his instructions perfectly and without any hesitancy. I was so proud of him!
My favorite was watching him "dribble" the ball across the field. He was one of the only kids who was able to run and simultaneously kick the ball down the field. He never touched the ball with his hands at all during this exercise. I was so proud and will definitely be one of those loud and crazy moms cheering him on from the bleachers some day. :)
Sitting on the ball with Coach Tom.
Getting ready to dribble the ball down the field. Isaac was the only one who did not need the parent there to help! So proud!
Waiting by Coach Tom for more instruction.
My soccer stud!
Here is a video of a "running drill" the kids were doing. The little boy in the yellow shirt is Isaac's friend, Emmett.



No comments:
Post a Comment