Thursday, August 22, 2013

Hayden is 2 months old!

Hayden was born 2 months ago, already!  In some ways it's gone fast, in other ways it feels so long ago.  Before she was born, I didn't think I could love another child as much as I loved Isaac.  It's amazing how your heart grows exponentially and you love the next child as much as the first.
  • Hayden doesn't go to the pediatrician for another week so I don't have exact measurements.  From our scale at home, I know she's over 12 lbs.  She is also getting too long for most of her outfits and onsies she wore at 1 months.  Isaac was 12.5 lbs at 2 months and I think she's right there with him.
  • Her nicknames are: Hayderader (or just "Rader" for short), Ladybug, Munchie (short for munchkin)
  • Until this week her nighttime sleep has been very irregular.  Sometimes she would go 6 hours, then barely make 3-4 hours for the next few nights.  It was frustrating and exhausting.  This week has been a breath of fresh air as she's gone between 6-8 hours every night (knock on wood).  Isaac was sleeping about 7 hours consistently at 2 months so there is hope that she will be sleeping 12 hours at 12 weeks like he did.
  • She smiled for the first time this month at about 5.5 weeks.  This is much earlier than Isaac did so it caught me off guard!  She smiles more and more now and I can't wait for the first chuckle.
  • She continues to breastfeed well.  I don't know exactly how much she is getting but I think it's in the 4-5 oz range.  As her nighttime sleep improves I've noticed she is hungrier during the day.
  • We are having trouble getting her to take a bottle now.  Just a couple weeks ago she had no problems now will not latch on to a bottle and pushes it out with her tongue (even when Bryce feeds her).  We bought a new bottle (Avent Natural) and are going to try that out.  My sister's wedding is in just 3 weeks and we need her to take a bottle from someone else since I won't be with her.
  • Hayden has such a calm temperament.  Other than the struggles with sleeping at night, I can't believe how easy she is.  Isaac would cry and cry during the day... would not go down for naps and always wanted to be held.  Hayden will just lay somewhere and entertain herself and really never cries (unless hungry, over stimulated, over tired... you know, the normals).  I keep waiting for it to change... but praying it doesn't.  :)
My updates:
  • Similar to my experience with Isaac, I haven't lost much weight yet.  I'm only up 3-4 lbs so not feeling to pressured to drop it anyway.  I recall from my notes with Isaac that I started losing it in the 3rd month so hopefully that repeats.  
  • I'm super hungry all the time from breastfeeding, but the worst at night.  Hopefully that is helping with the above!
  • I fit in pretty much all my pre-pregnancy pants.  More snug than they used to be in the waist and thighs but hopefully they will be better in a few more months.
  • Because of all the intense pain I had the first few weeks, my Dr asked me to wait on ab work (crunches, plank, etc...) until 10 weeks.  That is only about 10 days away now, so I am looking forward to tightening up my core.
  • I think (knock on wood, again) my infection is cleared up.
  • I've been more tired this time that with Isaac.  Since her sleep patterns have been off, so have mine.  I often lie awake at night after a feeding and can't fall back asleep for an hour or two but has been better this week.  Plus, Isaac was really sick last week and would wake up multiple times in the night shivering from a horrible fever and bad cough.  He just wanted to cuddle and be rocked to sleep which my mom-instincts couldn't turn down.  These 2 things meant about 3 hours of sleep each night for a week... and not consistent sleep either.  More like 3 hours total in 30 min naps.  :(  It was a rough week, but I'm optimistic this week!
  • I'm up to about 3.5 miles running.  I ran earlier this week and managed a little over 3 miles at 9:02 pace.  I felt so great even up and down the rolling VA hills.  The 10-mile race I'm signed up for is in October so I'm feeling optimistic for a decent time!  Even though the fatigue has been overwhelming at times, I find that running anyway helps me keep a good attitude and it's a little time to myself!
  • I've found that I'm enjoying being home much more than last time.  Since I knew what to expect, it's been much more relaxing and I'm much more content.  My boss at work told me it's much harder to come back to work after the second leave-of-absence (from his wife's experience who also works for the company)... and he's probably right.  :)
I couldn't get any smiles on camera this time.  Little stinker.  Maybe next month.  :)




No comments: