Monday, July 8, 2013

The Greatest Experience: Waiting!

When I was pregnant with Isaac we found out he was a boy and I loved calling him by his name, decorating his room, having boy-themed showers, etc...  It was so much fun!

When I was pregnant this time, we knew it would be our last child.  Nothing about the pregnancy was a surprise: it was planned, I got pregnant immediately, we were monitored very closely throughout the pregnancy, I had a scheduled c-section.  We wanted something to be exciting and a surprise, so we waited to find out the gender.

Some party-poopers say "Well it's a surprise at 20 weeks or at 40 weeks".  Kind of... but not really.

There was something so, so fun about playing the guessing game throughout the pregnancy.  All our friends, co-workers, family were speculating on the gender.  We had our theories.  (I thought boy, Bryce thought girl).

When delivery day came around, there was nothing better than hearing the Dr say... "Okay, here we go!  Dad, take a look!".  Then Bryce said "Oh my gosh, it's a girl!".  The best experience.  Ever!

We are not having any more children, but if we were, we would take the 40 week surprise for sure!


No comments: