Monday, July 8, 2013

Hayden is 2 weeks old!

Saturday, Hayden turned 2 weeks old!  Here are a few updates on our baby girl.

  • We had a weight check this morning at the Pedi and she weighed in at a whopping 8 lbs 9 oz!!  Woohoo!!!  The Dr's goal was 1 oz per day and she put on 10 oz in 7 days.  Go Hayden!
  • As the above implies, we finally got the breastfeeding thing working.  Lots of tears and physical pain later, it's rolling without any issues.
  • Last night I had to wake her up after 6 1/2 hours because my boobs were about to explode.  It was her first night in her room and she must have liked it!
  • She sleeps long durations but doesn't like to go to sleep until about 11pm.  It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have a toddler up at 7am.  I hope she acquires an earlier bedtime soon.
  • Today is the first day of working to get her on a solid schedule.  I read Babywise with Isaac and followed the routine of Eat, Wake, Sleep which worked wonders.  Here's hoping for a repeat!
  • She is getting stronger and stronger and is starting to hold her head up on her own.  We try to do some tummy time each day.
  • Her umbilical cord stump fell off on Saturday so she got her first real bath last night.
  • She is slowly starting to wake up more during the day.  Still such a content baby.  I hope it continues.
  • Some of the newborn onesies I put her in at birth are starting to be short in length already.
  • I've had a glass of wine a few evenings this week.  Glorious.  :)
  • My weight has leveled off at around +5 lbs.  I can lose 5 lbs, but I'm more worried about returning everything to it's normal "shape".  Ha!
  • I'm recovering much better and feel ~80%.  I still get a bit sore in the evenings but can be on my feet quite a bit during the day without discomfort.  I did have a scare on Saturday thinking my incision was infected.  I kept it very clean by wiping with alcohol swabs all weekend and today the swelling and redness is significantly less so I think it's okay.  I'll call the Dr if it doesn't continue to improve.
Here are a few pictures from the week!




No comments: