Friday, May 31, 2013

35 Weeks, 2 Days

Just a quick update on a few happenings...

Yesterday I went to the regular OB (non-high risk) and as we were discussing how things were going I mentioned that my blood sugars had been getting better and my insulin requirement seemed to be slightly decreasing.  (FYI... this was the exact gestation that this started happening with Isaac).

My OB got very serious and said (what I already knew...) that in Type 1 Diabetics they tend to see the placenta start losing effectiveness much earlier than a normal pregnancy and this was early evidence of that.  She made the comment that because this was starting to happen there would be no way I would make it to 39 weeks and she was hoping that we would make it full term at this point.  Yikes!

Today we had our weekly appointment at the Perinatologist and thankfully everything looked good (placenta looked healthy on the ultrasound).  Based on my feedback on my blood sugars, they want to start seeing me twice a week now.  Such a pain to spend nearly half a day at the Dr's office now TWICE a week but I'd rather do that than have a problem we didn't know about.

So the good news is everything appears to be okay right now.  The bad news is that it looks like we could start rolling downhill pretty soon.  Unfortunately, we won't know if my c-section date will be moving until we actually have a problem and need to deliver that day or maybe the next day.  That makes it difficult to plan childcare for Isaac but luckily we have some great friends that have been wonderful and offered to help watch him if something happens.  (Of course we'll continue to pray that nothing will happen!)

We had another growth scan and New Baby was measuring 6 lbs, 4 oz (~65th percentile or about 5 days later than my current gestation).  That is considerably smaller than Isaac was at this point which is great!  (It means my diabetes has been under pretty good control!)

New Baby was also very cooperative for 4D pictures.  :)  He/She (I'm leaning towards He) is looking very much like their brother.

4 weeks (but possibly much, much less...) to go!

No comments: