Wednesday, May 15, 2013

33 Weeks


Today's Date: 5/15/13
Weight Gain: +17, no gain this week... but I'm thinking I may have been a bit dehydrated so counting on +2 next week!
Maternity Clothes: Of course!
Stretch Marks: No
Belly Circumference: 39.5"
Sleep: So-so.  Over the past month I've started getting up twice to go to the bathroom pretty much every night.
Best Moment of the Week: Being loved on more than usual on Mother's Day.  I'm a lucky girl that I feel appreciated and loved every day, but I'll take a little extra.  :)
Miss Anything: Running in this gorgeous weather.  Seriously, it doesn't get better than this!
Movement: Yes.  I especially love it when I feel a foot on the outside of my belly.
Food Cravings: Just really hungry in general.
Nausea: None whatsoever.  Woo!
Other Symptoms: I think my ankle swelling last week was a one-off.  I haven't had anything since.  In general my feet are starting to be sore at the end of the day though.
Belly Button In or Out: Flat
Mood: Today is the first day that I've really felt "big".  I'm not really cranky about it, but starting to get the okay-I'm-done-being-pregnant mood.
Diabetes Control: This past week has been really tough.  I'd appreciate any and all special prayers that it gets better.  My total insulin dosage per day has increased ~30-40% this past week alone and I'm still struggling.  I was worried enough that I called my Endocrinologist and got in for a quick appt to discuss.  She was sort of helpful (and honestly I think I had unrealistic expectations) but she reinforced it's trial and error and we just need to be more aggressive.  Not the inspirational message I was looking for but her guidance was correct and of course, rational (as my hormones level are making me somewhat irrational at things like this).

Weekly Peri appt was great.  New Baby was measuring ~4lbs 13oz which puts him/her at the 66th percentile.    Nothing too concerning here except that it is an increase from 48th percentile a month ago.  The Perinatologist indicated that we would do another growth scan in 2 weeks and if the size continues to be accelerating then we will discuss a 38 wk c-section date vs. 39 as currently scheduled.  I asked why size was a concern since it's not really a problem with a c-section and the Perinatologist indicated that the bigger the baby, the more likely it is to have breathing problems no matter how far along.  So we will soon find out if we will be moving up to 38 weeks.

My Dr also advised that I start checking my blood pressure daily since I'm at such high risk for getting preeclampsia again.  We bought one of those automatic BP monitors that inflates the cuff and takes your readings with the touch of a button.  So far so good and I hope it stays that way!

Work has been really crappy lately.  We've had several senior management reviews on a project (with an eventual review with CEO in a couple weeks... but of course even though I'm creating the presentation, I'm not high enough level to attend that one!).  My boss and I worked pretty much all weekend (even on Mother's Day) and I've had to stay at work until after 7pm on a few occasions.  The work we are doing is really interesting but I just wish I wasn't so exhausted by the time I get home.

Generally, everything going well.  I'm generally healthy, so is New Baby and that is all we can ask for.

6 weeks to go at the latest!

No comments: