Monday, April 29, 2013

Isaac is 2 1/2!

At the beginning of April, Isaac turned 2 1/2!  As everyone says, time flies and I can't believe how much he has changed in such a short time.  Here are a few updates for our little man...

  • While he was a little slow out of the gate, Isaac is now talking as well (if not better than) he should for his age.  He easily uses ~5+ word sentences and has even picked up appropriate usage of words like "the" and "of".  I laughed the other day when he said "I want more delphia cheesesteak, please".  (Delphia = Philadelphia)
  • Recently he has started walking up and down a few stairs without holding onto a wall or rail.  For a longer flight of stairs, he will still hold the railing.
  • He is ~32 lbs according to the bathroom scale and I estimate about 38" tall.
  • We transitioning to size 3T as the weather warms up.
  • He can count to 20!
  • He loves to sing and knows the words/tune to so many songs!  Sometimes Bryce and I don't even remember the words to these songs!
  • Along with singing, he loves to dance and seems to have decent rhythm.  We play music frequently at home and he will have his own little dance party.  
  • We don't watch much TV (only allowed time is Saturday morning), but when we do his favorite show is Little Einsteins.  He knows and shouts the words along with the show to power up Rocket... "Now raaaaaaise your arms... as hiiiiiigh you can... and shout... BLAST OFF!"
  • He is fully potty trained!  Woo!
  • He leads us in a prayer before meal time and before bedtime.
  • He sleeps in a big boy bed.
  • He loves, loves, loves school.  I love that he loves it, as well as how much he learns!
  • Until about a month ago, he was still sleeping ~7:30pm - 8am (on weekends).  Something changed and he's decided that waking up at 6:30 am is much better.  Ugh!  We bought a My Tot Clock and have it programmed to turn yellow (wake up) at 6:45 am and have been moving it back 5 min each week.  So far we think it's working and we HOPE it continues!
  • He naps ~2 hours each afternoon from ~1-3pm.
  • He knows "New Baby" is in Mommy's tummy and thinks it's a boy.
  • He's still a great eater and we pray it continues.  The only food I can think of that he can identify he doesn't like (and will not eat) are eggs.  He will say "I don't like eggs" and make a funny face.  
  • His Thomas the Train figures and wooden track is his favorite toy.  We make long tracks across the playroom to drive the trains.
  • Independence is very prominent these days.  He likes to do things himself and doesn't like help.  If we go for a walk he usually likes to pull the wagon himself and if you try to help, he stops, looks at you and says "No Mommy, I can do it".  
  • Temper tantrums seems to be less frequent, but more severe.  We've been able to control them by giving him warning that something is coming.  Typically, an abrupt change from one activity to another is the trigger to set him off.
  • He had his first fever last month in over a year (luckily only lasted about 36 hours and he never really seemed to be sick)!  The kid has a rock solid immune system that he must have gotten from his father, because it was certainly not from me.  :)
  • He is such a social butterfly and is rarely nervous or scared around large groups of kids (like at the park or a birthday party).
I'm sure I'm missing all kinds of things.  We love our little guy and can't wait to see him as a big brother.  Here are a few pictures we've taken over the past month.

Playing the backyard.

Playing with bubbles at Burke Lake Park.

I love this picture (below).  He is saying "Cheeeeeeeeese".

No comments: