Wednesday, April 24, 2013

30 Weeks


Today's Date: 4/24/13
Weight Gain: +16   Oy vey!  +2 lbs in 1 week!
Maternity Clothes: Of course!
Stretch Marks: No
Sleep: Really good this past week.  I hope it continues!
Best Moment of the Week: Nothing in particular.  It was just a great week!
Miss Anything: Running in this gorgeous weather.  Seriously, it doesn't get better than this!
Movement: Oh yes.
Food Cravings: Anything chocolate.  Maybe that is why I gained 2 lbs this week.  :) 
Nausea: None whatsoever.  Woo!
Other Symptoms: Sore back, but otherwise good.  I've been laying on a heating pad in the evenings which has helped.
Belly Button In or Out: Flat... so I don't really have a belly button anymore.  Ha!
Mood: Good so far.  
Diabetes Control: More adjustments on the way.  (Sigh)  I forgot how frequently I have to adjust in the third trimester.  I'm making ~10% increases to insulin at least once a week... sometimes more.

We've hit the 30 mark!  If I was pregnant with Isaac I would be on bed rest in 6 weeks and delivery in 7!  Despite the upcoming discomfort, I'm hoping to make it further than 37 weeks.  There are just too many risks for longer NICU time associated with early births.  Plus, Isaac had underdeveloped tear ducts which led to surgery when he was 6 months old.  He may have still had them if he had been born later, but it's a high probability that they would have been less severe (not required surgery) or not been a problem at all.  My c-section is at 39 weeks so I'm hoping to make it until then or at least 38.

In other news, I checked out the store Buy Buy Baby for the first time last weekend.  It's just like a Bed Bath and Beyond, but only baby items.  I liked it better than Babies R Us.  We picked up a few necessities and tried out the stroller we are planning to get.  Isaac thought it was a good one.  I'm contemplating getting the purple one rather than black... since that specific purple/plum is my favorite color.  If we end up having 2 boys, they will just have to deal.  A Mommy has to look good, right?  :)  What do you think?

We have another Perinatologist appt tomorrow.  Looking forward to getting more pictures!

30 week photo!  Feeling pretty huge... but we've got a ways to go.

No comments: