Friday, February 8, 2013

20 week ultrasound

We had our 20 week ultrasound today (which was actually 19 weeks, 2 days... but who's counting?).

It went great and Baby is perfect.  We did NOT find out the gender and I can't believe it!  Of course we are analyzing every detail and trying to read between the lines, but really we have a 50% chance of being wrong.  :)

A few things from our ultrasound:

  • Baby moved liked a wild child the entire time!  The tech that did the ultrasound was literally chasing him/her around trying to measure everything.  It made us laugh.  I feel like this one doesn't move as much as Isaac did but maybe I'm remembering wrong.
  • Heartrate was 155 bpm.  Isaac was 138 bpm at the 20 week ultrasound.
  • Baby was measuring a little small for my gestation.  Isaac measured big the entire time.
  • We think this one has my nose like Isaac but may have more of Bryce's facial structure and other features (Isaac has more of mine).  I think we can already tell it has a butt-chin like his/her brother.  :)
  • Based on the last comment this one sounds funny... The facial features seem more delicate than Isaac's ultrasounds so we were thinking girl...
  • The tech made a comment that she saw the gender pretty easily so that made us think boy...

I'm sure we will continue to analyze every movement and additional ultrasounds until delivery day.  Oh what a fun surprise it will be!

We already have names picked out for either gender, but you will have to wait for those too.  :)






No comments: