Thursday, November 22, 2012

Viva Las Vegas!

Last week we flew to Las Vegas (via Omaha to drop of Isaac) to meet a group of friends from Houston.  One couple that came on the trip we were in small group with a few years ago.  I made me laugh.... we went to "Sin City" with our small group.  Hehe!

We had so much fun seeing our friends and had a ball being child-less for the week.  I didn't bring my camera so only have a few iPhone pics.

All 5 couples met at the airport Thursday morning within a few hours of each other.  Two of the couples were already dear friends and the other 2 we loved getting to know better during the trip!

One night, 4 of us went to see Le Reve.  I'd seen Cirque du Soleil's "O" twice and heard Le Reve was similar and also very good.  We liked it, but still think "O" is our favorite.

The show before it started.


 The finale!  Similar to "O", Le Reve is a water show.  So cool!

Us walking through the Wynn (my favorite hotel!).  We didn't stay here this time, but still had to walk through.

On the 3rd day, the girls had Spa day at Mandalay Bay and the guys gambled.  We were pampered with massages, facials and pedicures.  We got to the spa at ~8am and didn't leave until after 2pm!  Perfect!

Our last night in Vegas was also Brad's 30th birthday (guess I didn't mention that was the whole point of the trip... to celebrate Brad's bday in style!).  Everyone got dressed up and we went to a fabulous restaurant!  We were there for hours eating, drinking, talking, celebrating.  Fun times, friends!  Hope we get to do it again soon!

Bryce ended up being super lucky and came out ~$200 ahead playing Blackjack.  (that never happens... like, ever).  I am truly spoiled because he used his winnings to surprise me with a Kindle Paperwhite!  I've had it less than a week and am already a big fan.  Super easy to read in any light (since it's backlit) and free books through Amazon Prime!  Thanks, Love!  :)

No comments: