Friday, November 23, 2012

More Bathroom Progress

I think I mentioned in a previous post that the contractor who is remodeling our master bath is fantastic! They have been so helpful so far helping me pick out selections that will look nice and fit within the budget we wanted.

They are very serious about quality and customer satisfaction (typically get most of their business from referrals... like we did).  They made a mistake and missed that they needed to move a vent in the closet when they did our quote.  In order to do this, they had to tear our wood floor and subfloor but are replacing it for FREE!  Most contractors would call this a change order and make you pay for it.  So impressed!

Last week I met the designer who works for our contractor at a tile store.  It's one of the big showrooms that has interior designers to help you out (on top of our contractor's designer!) and dozens of what they called "vignettes".  These are basically mockups of bathrooms with tile/sinks/showers that you can look at to get ideas.

I was SO thankful to have all this help.  I usually start by admitting that I'm an engineer which means I have no creativity.  ;)

Here is a picture I took with my phone of the tile we picked out.  Of course it looks a little different in person that it does in the picture but you get the idea.

The long 12"x24"tile in the background is the floor and shower wall tile.  It will be layed as shown.  It looks kind of beigey in the picture but is more grey in person.

The small, dark squares are the shower floor.  Again, they kind of look brown here but are more of a charcoal.

The long glass tiles are the shower accent.  They are more of slate (more grey with blue tones) than the bright blue shown here.

We are nearly 2 weeks into the remodel.  The plumbing has all been moved and already inspected and covered up.  Next week they run new electrical then start closing everything up!  They are thinking they may be done by Christmas.  What a great Christmas present!  :)


No comments: