Saturday, October 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Isaac!

October is such a fun month... beautiful weather, beautiful scenery and most importantly... Isaac's Birthday!

His stats at the pediatrician were:
Height: 35" (~70%)
Weight: 29.6 lbs (~70%)
Head: 70% (can't remember inches)

Here are some fun things about our sweet little guy:
  • He is such a boy.  Running, jumping, climbing and just being a crazy little guy.  I love it!
  • In the past 2 months, he speech started ballooning.  There are so many things that become easier once a child can communicate with you. 
  • He's still a great eater.  Nature or nuture?  Who knows... we'll take it!
  • Still a great sleeper!  Still on the 7 to 7 routine with about a 2 hour nap in the afternoon.
  • He started his new school (Merritt Academy) in September and it is going great!  We originally felt a little bad moving him from the other place since he was so happy, but it's clear this is really an exceptional school.  I'll never forget when he came home singing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.  We can't say enough about the school... which is good, because at $1,700/month it better be worth it!
On his actual birthday he opened the gifts from us and other friends/family then went out to dinner.  The day after his birthday, Bryce and I took a day of vacation and we went to the National Zoo!  I didn't take my camera so I don't have pictures but it was amazing and we will be going back soon.  Coolest zoo!




We had a birthday part the weekend after his actual birthday.  We had a great turnout with about 24 people total (kids + adults).  The party started at 3pm and we expected folks to likely head out 4:30-5 since everyone had small kids.  I guess everyone was having a blast, because they stayed until 6:30!!  

We were worried it was going to rain (the forecast was a 40% chance).  Instead of rain, a cool front came through over lunch and it ended up being sunny and ~65 degrees for the party.  We were so lucky!  PERFECT!!

Isaac had a super hero themed party.  I had the invitations made on Etsy and they turned out super cute!  I buy all our groceries at Whole Foods and when I ordered cupcakes for the party, they said their colors are not a vibrant as normal since they only use "natural" colorings.  Well, I didn't think much about it until we picked them up and the blue was kind of purple.  Haha!  Everyone thought they were yellow and grey for Batman, so I guess it worked out.




Isaac's "big" present from us was a bounce house!  We looked at renting one for the party but it was only ~$20 more to just buy one... so thats what we did.

Happy Birthday Isaac!  We love you!


No comments: