Friday, June 22, 2012

The Sweetest GIft

The dining room had wallpaper above the chair rail.  It was not nearly as old or obnoxious as the wallpaper in Isaac's room, but still needed to come down.

After the rough experience removing wallpaper from Isaac's room, we were less than motivated to get started on the dining room.

Last week was our anniversary.  I had made a comment to Bryce the week prior about how nice it would have been to have the room de-wallpapered and painted so we could have an anniversary dinner in there... but there was no way that was going to happen.

The Monday before our anniversary, Bryce stayed home to receive our appliances when they were delivered (more on that in another post!).  Well, he was super sweet and removed all the wallpaper during the day!  This wallpaper must have been decades new because it came off just like you see on HGTV (in sheets and with relatively little effort).

I was so shocked when I got home!  I already had the paint so we went to work and got it painted in time to have our 9 year anniversary dinner in our (almost) finished dining room using our china!  Thanks, Love!

Here is a before picture (from the inspection walk-through in February):


Here is the room painted in a cool blue!  I still need to find curtains and hang pictures (you are probably seeing the trend of lots of empty wallspace... lol!).  We brought our chandelier with us from TX.  The gold monster above just wasn't going to work.

I am so thankful for my wonderful husband who continually finds creative ways to bless me.  Thanks, Love!

No comments: