My mom passed away at about 3am on Tuesday, August 16th. She was 54 years old.
For those that didn't know, she had battled Multiple Scleroses for over 20 years. She was diagnosed a month after I was diagnosed with diabetes. MS is a horrible disease and it was incredibly difficult to see your mother withering away over a long period of time. She was still our mom and we loved her.
We often talked about what it would be like to have a "normal" mom... one that was able to go shopping with you, helped you pick out your wedding dress, talked on the phone everyday, etc... But you know, she may not have been the conventional mother, she was OUR mother and it didn't matter if she was like anyone else.
Our mom was kind, caring, funny, feisty (yep, thats where I get it), goofy, and LOVED her family... especially her new Grandson. She wanted to be a Grandma so bad and I'm grateful that she was able to be one before she passed. We talked with the Pastor at my parent's church today and recalled several stories from before and after the MS started. Even though she physically wasn't the same, she was always the same inside.
Mom, we love you and will miss you.
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
5 weeks ago







2 comments:
Kim,
How blessed your mom was to have you! Your words are beautifully spoken. I wish I could be there with you tomorrow for the funeral. Know that we are very often thinking of you and praying for you. And, we love you very much!
Laura
Kim, we are so so sorry. We love you and are praying for you right now. May Jesus wrap His arms around your family.
Post a Comment