I've wanted road bike for a couple years now, but with a price tag of ~$1,500 for a middle-range starter bike it hasn't really been the priority. (Yeah, you read that right... that much for middle-range starter bike. Yikes!) What's also crazy is that for $1,500 you still can't ride it! You have to buy pedals, the special shoes and a helmet! (those will run about an extra $300 total).
We both have mountain bikes, but we've found that they are not at all practical in Texas. We never ride them.
We visited a few different cycling shops and checked out Trek, Specialized, Cannondale and Felt bikes. I was really disappointed with Trek for many reasons. One being the stupid flower decals on the bike. UGH! Yeah I like girlie stuff, but not on my bike! Why don't they just make it pink and add streamers!?!?
At Webster Cycling I found "my" bike! It's the Felt ZW6. Loooooove it! I thought I wanted a Cannondale, but after talking with the guys at the shop apparently Felt is now the way to go (it used to be Cannondale a few years ago, but for various reasons the quality of the Cannondale components have gone down so now they recommend Felt).
Here it is... my dream bike. Carbon frame and only 19 lbs. Momma want!!
.jpg)
Hopefully in a few months when we've recovered from me not working for 6 months we can pursue a purchase! Can't wait!



No comments:
Post a Comment