A week later he was a pro! When we bring the spoon up to his mouth, he opens wide and lunges forward. He is pretty good at swallowing too and doesn't spit out too much.
After a week of rice cereal, we tried some carrots. I wish I would have gotten the experience on video. He opened wide, lunged forward and took in the spoon. Then immediately got this absolutely disgusted look on his face for about 10 seconds... then look puzzled, swallowed and smiled. I about died laughing! By the end of that bowl, he was a fan of the carrots. :)
Next week I'm thinking sweet potato or butternut squash.
Oh, and I am making my own baby food. It's super easy (30 min total, with about 10 min hands-on time for at least a couple weeks of carrots).
Here are 2 pictures from our first rice cereal experience.



No comments:
Post a Comment