We were in Nebraska for his actual 5 month "birthday" so this is a bit late.
Isaac Updates:
- Approximately 15.5 lbs.
- Smiling and laughing like crazy. He is already such a ham. I love it!
- He eats like crazy. Around 7-8 oz, 5x's per day. No wonder I'm starving all the time!
- Still sleeps 11 hours at night. He hasn't waken up during the night since December 14th, I'll take it!
- He's still a horrible napper. We were doing well for a while, then one day something changed and his naps are ~45 min, 3 x's per day. He still eats 5x's per day, so once we switch to 4x's we will go down to 2 naps.
- He finally rolled over from back to tummy. Just this week he started doing it everytime he's on his back. He will do it, then look at us for praise... I love it. :)
- His grasping skills has improved so much. He loves to grab onto anything and put it in his mouth (of course).
- We think teething may be starting. I got my bottom 2 teeth at 4 1/2 months and he just seems extra fussy lately.
- His tear ducts are still obstructed. We went to the Pediatric Ophthalmologist and he will have to have them opened at around 6 months. Luckily they can do it in the office and not under anesthesia.
- He had his first plane ride and first trip to Nebraska. He barely made a peep on the plane and did great sleeping at different places. More on this in a future blog....
Mommy Updates
- Remaining baby weight: -2 lbs. Woohoo! I have to thank running and breastfeeding for that! I'm thankful to be able to wear my old clothes again. Sure beats the 3 pairs of pants and 5 shirts I had while I was pregnant.
- I go back to work April 4th. Still looking forward to being back at work but of course dreading daycare. We took him to PeeWeeville at church for the first time this month and I cried for half the service. He did great, but I'm going to be a wreck! We start half days at daycare the week before I go back to work. I'm going to distract myself that week with some retail therapy. I haven't bought clothes in over a year (before I was pregnant) and am seriously overdue.
- I ran the Austin Half Marathon (my second half marathon since Isaac was born) and be my previous time by over 2 min despite a hilly course. It was my first overnight trip away from him. I missed him like crazy, but had a fun time. I've got 2 more races this month (Seabrook Half Marathon Relay and Angie's Half Crazy Half Marathon).
- I'm having mom-guilt about quitting breastfeeding, so I'm going to TRY to do it while working. I'm not sure how easily I'll be able to pump at work, but I'm going to try.
- I'm somewhere around 600-ish oz of milk in the deep freeze.
A few photos from his 5 month "birthday":



No comments:
Post a Comment