Saturday, February 19, 2011

Trip to Austin.... Sans Baby

In about 45 min, I leave for my first weekend trip away from Isaac!!!  I'm excited, nervous and sad all at the same time.

My sister (Christine) moved to Austin in December so I will be staying with her.  I'm running the Austin Half Marathon on Sunday and can't wait.  I'm a bit nervous since it's an unfamiliar course and appears to be pretty hilly... check out the course elevation profile below.  Weather looks to be yucky (humid and warm), so I doubt I'll have a post-baby PR, but it should be fun.

This will also be Bryce's first weekend alone with Isaac.  I am putting some of that 500 oz of frozen breast milk to good use.

I think he's a little nervous too, but they will do great.  Of course, being the crazy person I am, I printed "instructions" for Bryce in case he needs help.  I just fear that Isaac will get too far off schedule and not sleep all night for Bryce.  Isaac hasn't woken up during the night since December 15th, so I don't know why it would suddenly change, but I made the sheet anyway.  :)

So with trusty Medela in hand... off I go!  Wish me luck!

No comments: