Friday, February 25, 2011

Sewing and Travels

Tomorrow we leave for Nebraska for an entire week.  I'm kind of freaking out on how we are going to manage to get all our of stuff + Isaac's stuff in 2 bags.  It wouldn't be so bad if it were summer, but it's 15 degrees in Lincoln today which means lots of heavy, warm sweaters!

I've been trying to keep a running list all week of the items I use with Isaac to make sure I don't forget anything.  It's about a page long on notebook paper.

I haven't packed or done anything yet, but I suppose that will be on the agenda for this afternoon.

A super creative friend of mine always seems to be sewing fun little projects for family.  I swear every time she visits a family member she brings along a little handmade project for that person.  I'm definitely no where as talented or committed to these fun little gifts, but I thought I would put something together in my free time.

I shamelessly stole this cute bag idea from her blog.  It was really simple and only took about 1.5 days of sewing during daytime naps (so maybe 3 hours total).  I'm proud of my little bag and can't wait to give it to Jill.  I hope she likes it!

Since this one was easy and turned out cute, I think I'll make a few more and give them away.  I can already envision the fabric choices for a few people I have in mind.  :)

Here are a few pictures of my recent creation!  Now time to stop procrastinating and go pack!


1 comment:

Laura said...

I hope I'm one of the people you have in mind!!!! :)

Laura