Another month has flown by. Isaac is 3 months old! That also means my leave of absence is half over... bittersweet. I do enjoy my job and miss it, but I can't imagine leaving Isaac at daycare. That day will be here soon.
Month 3 has been so much fun compared to month 1 and month 2. I'm sure that trend will continue as he grows and become more interactive.
"Unofficial" stats:
- Weight: 14 lbs 7 oz (according to my kitchen scale) - 71% percentile according to a website. His next pedi appointment is at 4 months
Here are a few Isaac updates from the month:
- On Dec 15th, Isaac slept all night (9pm - 7am)! Woohoo! The next 2 nights he woke up then has slept through the night since. I do have to wake up and pump around 4am. I know I can wean myself off that, but I had so many supply issues at the beginning I'm mentally having a hard time doing that.
- Isaac has started smiling so much. I would do anything to see that smile over and over. He also chuckles occasionally. He doesn't smile for the camera too often but hopefully we can catch a huge "gummy" grin one of these days.
- He can now easily roll over from his tummy to back (both ways). He tries to roll over from back to tummy, but can't quite get over his arm.
- He loves to "talk" to us. When he's happy he will babble and squeal with delight. So stinkin cute!
- His hands are starting to open up and not be fists all the time. He "bats" at toys regularly and we've even seen him grasp a few here and there.
- We traveled twice this month. We went to the Big 12 Championship in Dallas and then to Austin to help my sister move. He did great during both trips.
A few mommy updates:
- Running has been going great! I'm up to 8 miles without walking. I'm still pretty slow (9:40 - 9:50 pace) but I'm trying to be patient and remember distance over speed. The half marathon is less than a month away and I can't wait!
- We left Isaac with friends one evening (thanks, Acord's!) to attend Bryce's company Christmas party. Leaving him at bedtime was harder than leaving during the day. He did great and we are so thankful for our friends who were able to watch him.
- Remaining baby weight: ~1 lb. Since my running has picked up to 15+ miles per week, the weight has started falling off at about 1-2 lbs per week. My pre-pregnancy clothes now fit pretty well. The legs/thighs are fine (and even a little big in some clothes) but the waist is still snug on many of my pants. Hopefully that will go away with time.
- Like I said at the top, I generally miss work. I like working and enjoy my co-workers. My closest work friends are so sweet to check in on me every once in a while. :) I'm generally ready to go back, but am sad at the thought to leave Isaac at daycare. Luckily I have 3 more months to become mentally prepared.
- I'm definitely a busy-body and have kept myself occupied by redecorating. I've sewn several throw pillows, repainted the guest bath, repainted the office and have plans to repaint the formal dining room (paint already purchased!).
A few pictures from the day...



2 comments:
Kimberly,
A 9:40 pace is not slow!! I wish I was that fast! :)
The pics of Isaac are too cute! He has changed so much!
Laura
Some of the lactation hormones are tied to an increase in body fat that gets carried in the abdomen. Your body may hold onto that fat store until it knows you aren't feeding Isaac anymore. Can't find centuries of "feast or famine" thinking by the body no matter how much you run. = D But Isaac will appreciate it.
Post a Comment