One thing I am very weird about is using pacifiers. I stopped using them when Isaac was 1 month old since I've been trying to avoid building habits. The only habit we haven't broken is swaddling during sleeping, which I hope will get better once he gets better control of his arms.
Anyway, doesn't it feel like in every Walmart there is a baby crying somewhere at any given time? I think there is something about that place that creates fussy children.
So, I was at Walmart Monday and Isaac starts screaming out of nowhere! He had just eaten an hour earlier and typically doesn't get fussy if we skip 1 nap. I didn't know what to do... I had him in his carseat in the cart, so I patted him, talked to him, pinched his little cheeks... nothing worked. I had to break my cardinal rule.
I keep an "emergency pacifier" in my purse for out of control, public displays of screaming. I've only had to use it a couple times in the past 6 weeks and this would be the third time. I popped the green soothie in his mouth to quiet the screamer.... ah, quiet again. Then, I hear.... smack, smack, smack... he had spit it out and was smacking his lips.
Screaming begins again. So, I replaced the pacifier, abruptly finished my shopping, and got out of there.
I think I'll go to Target next time....




No comments:
Post a Comment