Since I didn't have time, we just winged it. I fed Isaac whenever he cried since I assumed he was hungry. After of month of frustration and many tears I finally made time to read one of these books.
I started reading Baby Whisperer and didn't like it. I don't know exactly why, it just felt harsh and I only got about a chapter into it. The concept is generally the same in all the books, but I just didn't feel right about Baby Whisperer.
I then started reading Babywise while I fed Isaac. I read the entire book in a couple of days just during the 30 min feedings. I started this "scheduling" right away and I can say it CHANGED MY LIFE!! (well, since Isaac was born anyway)
I now feel like I know his different cries and can act appropriately. I also have a life again and can get things done around the house while he is sleeping.
I was the biggest skeptic of these books, but can honestly say it's the way to go. If we decide to have another kid someday I will start it right away and not wait until they are a month old.



1 comment:
I used and loved this book too! They also have books for each age as the child gets older. Super helpful! I love the obvious idea that the parent makes the scheduling decisions rather than the baby...otherwise, we are saying the baby knows best what it needs.
Post a Comment