Friday, April 2, 2010

Blood Sugar Blues

I really hate being diabetic. I REEEEEEEEALLY hate being diabetic.

I don't know why God gave me this challenge. I know I'm supposed to learn something... patience, endurance, persistance, trust, etc... but it's hard.

It's even harder when you have another life supported by your own and your blood sugars are like the Mamba at World's of Fun in KC. Seriously up and down.

Yesterday, I ate a granola bar (and took insulin for it)... then 60 minutes later my blood sugar was 200.

Today, I almost passed out this morning from hypoglycemia. I ate breakfast, went to Home Depot then got home and was seeing spots. I sat down, drank some juice, then checked my blood sugar 5 minutes later... 36! Ugh, it's frustrating when there is no pattern. I'm sure it's hormones changing, but it's really frustrating.

Sorry to complain, but it gets tough sometimes. Women are supposed to "enjoy" pregnancy, and it's hard to when you are constantly scared your hurting your baby from something you don't have complete control over.

No comments: