I thought this was cute... Grant reaching for my camera.
My parent's new dog, Casie in the backyard. She is 3 1/2 years old. We thought she was a perfect blend of Baylee and Annie.
We also ran the Lincoln Half Marathon. It was a beautiful day, about 55 degrees at the start. The course was really fun and we saw a lot of people we knew. I never remembered Lincoln being so hilly growing up, but apparently I've been in flat Houston too long. The hills were insane!! I downloaded the elevation chart from my Garmin and the hills were actually fairly similar to those in the San Francisco half marathon. The steepest hill in SF was still a bit steeper than Lincoln, but overall the sum of the elevation changes was very similar to that of SF.
Despite all the hills, I tied of personal record (PR) of 2:00. I was hoping to break my PR, but I also didn't expect all the hills. Bryce did awesome, he broke his PR and by ~50 seconds and ended up ~1:53. I couldn't believe all the crowd support, there were TONS of people cheering us on the entire 13.1 miles. I'd definitely run it again... but train for hills more. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment