
At about 4:30 am on Christmas Eve I woke up with a TERRIBLE stomach ache. I couldn't get comfortable and eventually threw up twice! The pain was sort of under my rib cage.
All day it didn't get better... then that night (Christmas Eve) we were at church service with Bryce's parents and I felt so bad that I had to leave early. The next morning things weren't any better. The pain was just as bad and was now lower in my abdoment. I felt really nauseaus and couldn't eat anything!
In the early afternoon, my Dad pressed on the lower right side of my abdomen and I nearly jumped out of my seat!!! Thats when we decided to go to the Emergency room...
We got to the ER at Bryan-West around 2 pm and by 4:45 I was in surgery to have my appendix removed. It was the greatest way to spend Christmas, but at least the pain would be gone.
It's now been 3 days since the surgery and I feel so much better! I still am pretty sore at one of the incision spots, but for the most part much better! The surgery was "laproscopic" which means they only made 3 small incisions and did all the work with probes. The worst part was that they have to fill your abdoment with air (ok, probably not air... some kind of Nitrogen compound more likely, but we'll just say air). It makes you so sore for several days until the air is absorbed into your system.
I'm so thankful for the doctor's who came in to do my surgery on Christmas day! It was an interruption to their schedule as well as mine!
All day it didn't get better... then that night (Christmas Eve) we were at church service with Bryce's parents and I felt so bad that I had to leave early. The next morning things weren't any better. The pain was just as bad and was now lower in my abdoment. I felt really nauseaus and couldn't eat anything!
In the early afternoon, my Dad pressed on the lower right side of my abdomen and I nearly jumped out of my seat!!! Thats when we decided to go to the Emergency room...
We got to the ER at Bryan-West around 2 pm and by 4:45 I was in surgery to have my appendix removed. It was the greatest way to spend Christmas, but at least the pain would be gone.
It's now been 3 days since the surgery and I feel so much better! I still am pretty sore at one of the incision spots, but for the most part much better! The surgery was "laproscopic" which means they only made 3 small incisions and did all the work with probes. The worst part was that they have to fill your abdoment with air (ok, probably not air... some kind of Nitrogen compound more likely, but we'll just say air). It makes you so sore for several days until the air is absorbed into your system.
I'm so thankful for the doctor's who came in to do my surgery on Christmas day! It was an interruption to their schedule as well as mine!



No comments:
Post a Comment