Saturday, May 9, 2015

Work Trip to Singapore

My blogging took nearly a 6 month leave of absence.  I'm going to try to hit the high points from the past few months!

I got the opportunity to go to Singapore for a week for work.  I felt bad leaving Bryce alone with the kids for that duration but was excited to have a little exposure to Asia!

My company requires international travel to be booked in Business-First.  I could not believe my ticket cost $12,000 but after traveling ~24 hrs each way I understand why it was necessary!

I didn't pack a camera so only had my iphone for pictures.  Here are a few snapshots from my week around the world!
My seat for 24 hours
I geeked out in Business First.  I could extend my legs straight and not touch the wall!
It was 14 hours to Tokyo, a 2 hour layover then an additional 8 hours to Singapore.  It was late afternoon in Tokyo but my body felt like it was 3 am.
In the back of my limo from the airport to my hotel.  It was 1am in Singapore.
I relaxed at the pool after long, jet lagged day at work.
I went to dinner one evening with some coworkers who work at the Singapore office.  We ate at a yummy Thai restaurant on the river. 
My trip was only a couple week prior to the Chinese New Year.  Chinatown was decorated for the the upcoming holiday.



My last night there, my host for the the trip took me to an amazing Chinese restaurant.  She ordered everything I "needed" to try.  Haha.  It was delicious!

This was the dessert.  The white balls had warm peanut butter inside.  They were in a sweet broth with cooked, peanuts.  Looks strange but it was amazing.


I ventured out on my own to Gardens on the Bay.  It's a pretty garden area full of plants and pretty views.
"Marina Bay Sands" hotel.  There is a rooftop pool!
My hotel was swanky!  I'm always a sucker for a great bathroom!
I brought back all kinds of goodies for the family and of course Isaac had the most fun with the United Airlines Business First travel pack.  Ha!

No comments: