Monday, December 2, 2013

Hayden is 5 months old!

I just realized this was in my drafts and didn't actually post.  Whoops!

Our sweet girl is 5 months old, already.  Only 5 more weeks remaining of my leave of absence and I'm soaking up every minute!
  • We took an unplanned trip to the Pediatrician just a few days before she turned 5 months.  Hayden weighed 14 lbs, 8 oz at this visit.
  • She had a pretty tough cold this month (which caused the visit to the Pediatrician).  She never had a fever, but was very stuffy and had trouble eating.  Luckily it was just a virus that passed and no antibiotics were needed.
  • We are still eating about every 3 hours, 5 times each day.
  • We are still exclusively breastfeeding.  Yay for us!  My goal was 6 months, then make a decision on whether to continue.  We are still deciding.
  • We started solids 5 days before turning 5 months.  She has tried carrots, sweet potatoes, bananas and applesauce.  So far we are a fan of all of them.
  • She is taking a bottle well these days and I am grateful.
  • Sleep has continued to be ~12 hours at night, however, she woke the night she turned 5 months.  That was the first wake-up at night in 2.5 months.  I think it was a growth spurt and hoping it doesn't continue.
  • She rolled over from her back to tummy this month and now rolls across the floor!  
  • She no longer sleeps swaddled and while we put to bed on her back, she immediately rolls to her tummy.
  • She is starting to sit-up unassisted.  She sits in a "tripod" easily for 30 sec - 1 min and sits "straight-up" (no tripod with her arms) for 5-10 seconds.  I imagine just another week or so and she will be a pro.
  • Isaac gets the best belly-laughs.  Bryce and I get chuckles but Isaac get the best ones.  :)
Mommy Updates:
  • Remaining baby weight: ~1 lb.  I've made tons of progress this month and have been losing about 0.5 lbs/week.  Unfortunately, it's been much slower than with Isaac but at least it's finally happening.  
  • I'm not really looking forward to going back to work, but not dreading it either.  I like my job and enjoy working, I just don't enjoy the chaos that life becomes.  We've done it before and will do it again...
  • I've been swimming/biking/running regularly and hope to complete my first triathlon this spring or summer.  Can't wait!
  • I'm still pumping in the middle of the night.  I have about 1000 oz (200 x 5 oz bags) of frozen milk in the deep freeze.  Yay!



Love those big eyes!!



No comments: