Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Hayden Starts Solids!

It's funny that with Isaac I was so excited to start solids but with Hayden I've been avoiding it as long as possible.  Once you start there is no going back and it's a lot more work!

The past 2 weeks I could tell she was ready.  She was drooling like crazy (which indicates their digestive system is ready for solids or they are teething... I'm thinking the former), seemed more hungry than I could satisfy on breast milk alone and it appeared that her "spit out" tongue reflex had disappeared.

(Sigh)  Okaaaaaaaay, we'll start solids.

So, at 5 days short of 5 months we started.  As I thought, she was more than ready.  She only made a funny face for the first couple bites then would give us the "little bird" open mouth ready for more.  Silly girl loves to eat just like her brother.

First bite of rice cereal.
Hmmm, not sure what I think about that.
Second bite!
Still deciding.
I love it!

The next day we tried carrots.  They were even a bigger hit!

Let me help you with that. 

Yummy!


No comments: