Thursday, October 24, 2013

Hayden is 4 months old!

Hayden is 4 months old!  I absolutely love 4 months.  I loved it with Isaac and I do with Hayden as well.  At 4 months, they are sleeping well, smiling all the time but haven't started the fussy teething.  So fun!
  • At the Pediatrician, Hayden was 14 lbs, 3 oz and 25 1/4 inches in length.  That is about 60-70 percentile in weight and 80-90 percentile in height.  
  • She is wearing 3-6 month clothing but can fit into a few 6 month outfits with a little room.
  • This month we made a schedule adjustment by consolidating the late afternoon and early evening feedings in to a single feeding at 7pm.  That allows for both kids to be in bed by 7:30 so Bryce and I have some downtime in the evenings.  Following that change, she is now sleeping 12-12.5 hours each night.  Hallelujah!
  • She continues to be exclusively breastfed and loves to eat!  She eats every ~3 hours starting at around 7:15am.
  • We made progress with bottle feeding which is such a relief
  • She smiles all the time.  We can't get enough!
  • Most of her laughs come from watching Isaac!  The other night he was pretending a fresh pear slice was a car and driving it on the table.  Hayden started chuckling so hard.  Melts my heart!
  • She loves to hang out in the jumpy and bat at the toys.
  • She loves to play with her rings by grabbing/holding them and putting them in her mouth.  She has also discovered her hands and watches as she "claps" them together.
  • She stares and stares at people so intently.  The Pediatrician noticed and commented that it is considered to be a marker to high intellectual capability as they get older.  I guess thats a good start!
  • She takes 3 naps a day.  The morning and noon naps are relatively short (~45min - 1hr) but has a longer nap in the afternoon (2-2.5 hrs).
  • She is amazingly content.  Wherever she is, she just looks around and doesn't every cry unless there is a need (hunger, overtired).  Everyone comments about how unbelievably content she is... quite frankly I can't believe it either!  
  • She is getting lots of fine, blond hair underneath the darker newborn hair.  You can't see it in pictures yet, but it's growing in thick and looks like it will be just like Isaac's.
My updates:
  • Thankfully, I've turned the corner this month and have only about 2-3 lbs to lose.  Hooray!  My stress fracture was a big disappointment but I've been cycling, swimming and doing yoga.  Surprisingly, I've enjoyed the break from running!
  • Most of my clothes fit pretty well.  I haven't tried on my suits for work yet.  Maybe I'll get the confidence this month.  :)
  • The line/scar from my incision is starting to turn white already.  It's weird that I can barely remember being pregnant after only 4 months.
  • I've started taking Hayden to daycare for about 2 hrs, twice a week since we are paying for it anyway.  During that time, I go to the gym the run a couple errands that are easier without a child (ex: groceries).
  • Speaking of paying for daycare, we recently received our annual tuition bill.  Northern VA is wonderful for many reasons, but this is not one of them
Now the pictures of sweet H!





Look how much our girl has grown!

No comments: