Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Hayden's Nursery

I've had Hayden's room done for a few weeks now but haven't had the opportunity to write about it!

When I was pregnant with Isaac, but we didn't know he was a boy yet, I always imagined if I had a girl the room would be a pink explosion.  Now that I have a girl, I didn't feel strongly about pink.  I like pink (and we still have lots of it!), but just didn't feel like it fit her room.

I love her room.  It's light and airy and I just feel calm when I'm in it... which is good because with feedings every 3 hours I spend a lot of time in there.  :)

To show you where we started, here is a picture of her room when we bought the house.  Yuck!


Now the final product!


Bedding is "Georgia" from PBK.  Rug is also PBK.  Wall art is from Target.

"H" is from craftcuts.com (16" tall x 1/4" thick).  I made the curtains.

I really wanted a large canvas of my favorite newborn pic above the dresser.  The 20x30 canvas I wanted was $475... yeah, not gonna happen.  So, I ended up buying a piece of foam board for $5 at Michaels and having a 20x30 print made on mpix.com for $13.  A little two-sided scrapbooking tape and voila!  Nearly the same look for less than $20.


I still have some work to do on these shelves, but I like what they are so far.  The yellow print in the middle is something I found on etsy.  Her baby book on the bottom is also from etsy.  My friend, Sarah, told me about these baby books with Isaac and they are seriously the best!  Cute, creative and trendy.  I love it!

I couldn't forget a sweet picture of my favorite girl.  :)

No comments: