- At the Pediatrician today, she weighed in as 9 lbs 12 oz and was 22 inches in length. That is 75th percentile for both and is bigger in both length and weight than Isaac was at 1 month.
- She is (finally) a great eater and eats about 4 oz every 3 hours during the day and more at night. We worked out the breastfeeding issues around week 2-3 and we are both doing great.
- I wish sleeping was going as well as eating. She eats at around 8:30 pm and I (try to) put her to bed. For the next 1-2 hours she cries and I feed her again. It's a combination of cluster feeding and wanting to be held. We've been trying to cry it out and it's worked sometimes. She then gets up around 2 am and 5:30am. Isaac was sleeping much better by now so it's a little frustrating.
- We work on tummy time about twice each day. She can lift her head for just a few seconds.
- Other than bedtime, she is very chill. She only cries when she is hungry (but boy she lets you know!). We have been out and about quite a bit and while she sleeps often, there have been a few times that she is wide awake just looking around.
- She is still on 3 hour cycles of eat, wake, sleep. As of now, she has no issues going down for a nap. She usually takes 20-30 min to eat, is away for 30-60 min then I put her down to nap for about 1.5-2 hours. I try to put her down awake so she falls asleep on her own (a mistake I made with Isaac in the beginning).
- Her nursery is about 75% complete. Once it's finished I'll post some pictures.
Updates on Mommy:
- I weighed myself today and am +4 lbs. I doubt I actually lost any weight since I've been sedentary the past month and attribute it to muscle loss. Great...
- I've tried on a few pre-pregnancy jeans/shorts and they fit which is great but not without a puffy muffin-top. Needless to say, I took them off and am still wearing running shorts. Hopefully after I start running again things will tighten up.
- Like I said above, breastfeeding has been going well for the past ~10 days or so. After pain, bleeding, scabbing, exclusive pumping while I healed, relearning a latch, supplementing etc... I'm surprised we are still going. One of the biggest motivators during all this was Hayden's pediatrician. At one of her appointments, he said to me that I deserved medal of honor for continuing to persevere through all the difficulty because most people would have quit by now. My sweet husband said... "You don't know my wife, she doesn't quit anything... ever". Both gave me the motivation to persevere and now we are doing great.
- My infection has healed and I'm feeling really good. I even went for a walk last night and this morning. Go, me! Glad to finally be feeling like myself again.
Here are a few pictures I took on her 1 month bday. Love this outfit from our friend, Dena!



No comments:
Post a Comment