Wednesday, June 12, 2013

37 Weeks

Today's Date: 6/12/13
New Baby Size: According to babycenter.com, New Baby is measuring over 19" and is about 6 1/3 lbs (New Baby is likely over 7 lbs by now... Isaac was nearly 9 lbs at this point!)
Weight Gain: +21, -1 lbs this week!  Just the variation in water retention.
Maternity Clothes: Of course!  I'm still wearing 2 pairs of non-maternity dress pants to work, unbuttoned/unzipped with a bellaband of course.
Stretch Marks: No
Belly Circumference: 41"
Sleep: I get up twice to go to the bathroom but otherwise good
Best Moment of the Week: Reaching full term!
Miss Anything: Having more energy in the evenings
Movement: Yes
Food Cravings: Nothing in particular.
Nausea: Still a little nausea in the evenings but very mild and tolerable.
Other Symptoms: Still lots of pressure as well as some not-so-fun pain in the evenings.  I'm pretty sure during the day New Baby shifts around and gets situated right on a nerve.  Ouch!  My swelling continues to be inconsistent.  Some days my ankles swell a little, some days not at all.
Belly Button In or Out: Flat
Mood: Pretty upbeat overall but ready to be DONE!  I can't help but smile when I realize I have 6 days of work left for the rest of the year!
Diabetes Control: Easier

Hooray for full-term!  If I was pregnant with Isaac, he would have been born TODAY!  It's reassuring to know New Baby is ready to hatch but at the same time it makes me considerably more anxious to get New Baby out!

My Dr's office called today with the confirmed time for my c-section.  It will be Saturday, June 22nd at 9:30 am!  We will need to get there at 7:30 am to check-in and get the epidural, IV's, etc... going before 9:30.

We continue to go to the Perinatologist twice each week and the regular OB once.  They check New Baby's organ function, placenta "healthiness", blood flow through the cord, fluid levels and perform a non-stress test each visit.  Everything continues to look good, thankfully.

My sister sent the best gift ever for New Baby!  She is quite crafty (much more than me) and crocheted the hat and booties below!  New Baby's coming home outfit is gray and we were going to put on either a pink or blue hat once we knew the gender, but now decided to have him/her wear the hat and booties that Christine made.  I love them!!!!  Thanks, Christine!!!


My other sister, Ali, is getting married in September.  It is going to be a small wedding at a beautiful garden in our hometown.  She's not really having bridesmaids but would like both Christine and I to wear a fall purple-ish color for pictures.  I found a couple dresses on J Crew that I liked and ordered both (a size up from what I normally wear).  Hopefully one of them will work!  It's a guessing game what my body will be like in September so I'm crossing my fingers that one of them will look okay.  :)

37 Week picture!  10 days to go!

No comments: