Saturday, July 21, 2012

What we've been up to

Man, July has flown by and I can't believe it's almost August!  Here are a few quick catcher-uppers...

  • We have been spending lots of time at the pool.  We usually go both Saturday and Sunday if the weather cooperates.
  • I did a ton of traveling in May and June for work.  Thankfully, that is over.
  • We have been craving TexMex and our awesome friends, the Sherman's, delivered some HEB fajita meat when they visited.  We grilled our first batch last weekend and savored every bite!
  • We also made guacamole.  I had to do the old avocado in water experiment.  We'll see if I still have the knack to get it to grow.  :)
  • We bought 17 round-trip plane tickets this month for various trips Sept-Dec.  Whew, hope that is done for a while.  In case you were wondering, the trips are:
    • September: Nebraska for 1 week.  I have recruiting (so my ticket was free... yay!) and the rest of the time we will spend with family.  It worked out to attend the big game too (Wisconsin v. Nebraska).
    • October: Vaca in Florida Keys.  Can't wait!
    • November: One of our dear friends from TX is turning 30 and planned a trip to Las Vegas to celebrate.  The 3 of us fly to Omaha, spend the night, leave Isaac with the grandparents, then Bryce and I fly to LV for 4 days.  I think there are 5 couples total going to LV.  Can't wait for this either!
    • December: Spending ~10 days back in Nebraska for Christmas.  Since plane tickets are pretty expensive during holidays, we cashed in miles for our tickets.  The only tickets available (and luckily the same # of miles) were to fly Business First!  Free wine, here we come!  LOL!
  • I've started thinking of ideas for Isaac's 2nd birthday party.  I'm thinking of doing a "superhero" theme.  Super cute ideas on etsy and pinterest (of course).  I love these invitations (Start with: "There's trouble in Washington...").  Haha!
  • My grandmother sent Isaac a toy lawn mower.  His favorite thing is to pull the string and hear it go "vrooom".  Such a silly guy.
  • Isaac is talking so much!  He definitely has some development to go to clearly articulate his words, but he tries to repeat what you say most of the time.  We get a kick out of trying to figure out what he is saying.  For instance, Nalala is "banana".  Ha!  That took a while to figure out.
  • There are several farmer's markets near our house.  Last weekend we finally remembered to go to one.  Tons of fresh produce and we definitely indulged a bit on several fresh veggies.  The only sellers allowed have to actually grow their crops within 100 miles of the area and can't be brokers (which is great!)
  • Work has been crazy busy.  I've been putting in some insane hours and even had to go into work today (Saturday).  Bleh.  Another 2-3 weeks and we'll be done with our "project".  I thought these HQ jobs were supposed to by cushy...

Thats about it for now.  Hope everyone is having a great summer!

No comments: