Friday, June 1, 2012

Pinterest Recipe Recap

I don't "pin" that often, and when I do it's a variety of house stuff and recipes.  I realized last weekend I had pinned several really yummy-sounding recipes but had not made any of them.

Since it was a long weekend and we had extra time, I thought we'd better get a few under our belt.  This is a review!


Apples Dipped in Pancake Batter and Cooked on the Griddle (found here)
Grade: C-
Comments:

  • Bland (the raw apple was more tasty)
  • Pancake batter wanted to stick to the griddle and not the apple
  • Isaac (who eats everything) really didn't eat much either (the texture was kind of slimy so can't really blame the kid)




Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich 
Grade: A++++++++
Comments:

  • MOST AMAZING SANDWICH EVER!  All 3 of us gobbled up our sandwich and really didn't talk during lunch it was so amazing! 
  • I used a medium cheddar for the cheese
  • I used a friends guac recipe, which was delish on the sandwich and also for snacking!
  • Guac recipe:
    • 3 avocados
    • 1 lime
    • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
    • 1/2 medium onion (finely diced)
    • 2 Roma tomatoes (diced)
    • 1 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
    • 1 clove garlic (minced)





Spaghetti in Garlic Gravy with Lemon Marinated Chicken 
(found in this blog)
Grade: A
Comments:

  • Really, really good (the entire family had seconds!)
  • It does take some effort so tough to fix on a week-night (reason for the A v. A+)
  • I marinated overnight (the recipe says a couple hours is sufficient but I think overnight made the flavor even more amazing)
  • The marinade was made from real lemon juice which was fantastic!





Slow Cooker Lasagna
(found here)
Grade: A+
Comments:
  • It really was as easy as the recipe claims!
  • Delicious lasagna that takes 10 min to put together in the crock pot!
  • I would add onion to the ground beef next time (the recipe doesn't call for it) and probably a little more S&P
  • I actually used ground turkey (I rarely cook with ground beef) and it was still delish!



1 comment:

Sarah said...

I made that lasagna this week! I used turkey sausage, added onion, and oregano and garlic salt. We had the leftovers tonight - that's a lot of lasagna!