Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bathroom Renovation #2

Our house has 4 bathrooms and they were/are all vintage 1978.  Eek!  We renovated Isaac's bath when my father-in-law was visiting, then attacked the second one when my Dad was visting last weekend.

This bathroom is off the 5th bedroom in the basement where our guests stay.  I actually really liked the existing floor tile so that made this reno super easy.

On this bathroom, we:
  • Replaced the vanity/vanity top
  • New faucet
  • Replaced the light fixture
  • Replaced the vent cover
  • Tore off tile baseboards and put on normal wood baseboards (I had my first experience with a air compressor nail gun!  Ha!)
  • Painted
  • Hung a new mirror
  • Installed a new towel bar and toilet paper holder
  • Tons of drywall patching from pulling out all the weird stuff that was attached to the wall previously
I love how it turned out.  It feels very vintage and is very cool/calming.  I haven't done any decorating yet (hanging pictures, etc...) since all that stuff is still in boxes but I think it's a huge improvement already!

Before:
 It's hard to see, but look at tile baseboards in this picture.  They were so gross and very moldy near the shower.  Yuck!  Don't you looooove the light fixture and mirror? ;)

Also, the vanity was awkwardly low.  I guess that was normal back then, but so awkward to use now.


After!  

NOW, check out the baseboard!  Much better.

I had someone helping me with the pictures.  :)


For such a small space, I love how airy it feels.  We are officially ready for visitors if you'd like to come out to Virginia!

No comments: