In my (rare) spare time, I enjoy running, photography and sewing. I'm not particularly good at any of the 3 but enjoy doing them and try to get better.
Well, my sewing machine broke about 6 months ago. It was a cheap beginner machine and when I took it to get repaired the sewing shop indicated it wasn't worth the cost to repair it. Bummer.
Luckily, my friend Sarah had gotten a new machine and I was able to use her old one. It was a Janome which I wasn't familiar with but even though the machine was several years old, it ran so smooth and I was impressed. More on this later.
Anyways, I was talking to my Dad a few weeks ago about my broken machine and he said I could have my Mom's machine. She had bought a high-end machine about 10 years ago before she got really sick. It wasn't working right and when he took it in to get fixed for me they also said the repairs were cost more than its worth (stuff was bent and the timing was way off... whatever that means). Bummer, again.
When we were back at Christmas, we went to a sewing specialty store and found a nice Janome and were even able to trade in my Mom's old machine for more than I could believe since it didn't even work!
While we were still in Nebraska I finished my camera bag I was working on and it's super cute. More on that in another blog sometime. :)
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
5 weeks ago




No comments:
Post a Comment